German-speaking Sales Development Representative to Lisbon, Portugal
- Posted 01 June 2023
- Contact NameIsabel Palacio
Are you a hungry salesperson looking to build a career in sales? Would you also like to work in the sun close to beaches, surfing and a pulsating city life? We are looking for German speaking Sales Development Representatives to our client in Lisbon, Portugal!
"Cash is old school." "Out-of-pocket expenses suck." "Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that's right, you're gonna say it – fun." Our client’s product ends out of pocket spending and gets rid of the outdated manual expensing process. The best part is when you join them, you become a user of their modern software!
Our client is looking for a Business Development Associate (BDA) to join our Sales hub in Lisbon, while supporting customers in the DACH region.
The 'BDA' team is expected to assist the smallest sized customers on their journey with our client, from their early days in the platform to becoming advocates.
This role is a hybrid role: primarily focusing on helping new customers sign up, and adopt the features on their journey to become fans. Additionally, this role will also support our Partnerships Strategy, enabling their Partners to refer more customers.
Important info - This role will be based from their Lisbon office which is their exciting Sales Hub. If you’re already in Portugal- great! If not, they’ll help you with the relocation, both practically with support and with financial help.
What's the role?
- Assist the teams focus on the micro-customer segment (<10 employees)
- Nurture, support, and process sales for any new inbound lead belonging to their micro-customer segment
- Speaking to customers, encouraging and teaching them to grow and adopt more advanced features to get the most out of the service
- Focus on keeping customers happy to ensure they stick around
- Assist Partnerships Strategy
- Nurture the relationship with smaller partners
- Grow the volume of customers that are referred by internal Partners
- Receive, qualify, and triage all inbound communication from all communication channels; email, Intercom (web chat), and/or other performance marketing channels
What we need from you on the first day:
- A degree OR prior experience working in a call center environment
- Motivation to take your first steps into a Sales/ Customer Success career
- An entrepreneurial mindset; you are happy to pick up new challenges and give it a go!
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment, you develop as the company grow
- Exceptional people skills. After all, you are the first person that our customers will ultimately meet… first impressions are everything!
- Empathy - lots of it - and a strong inner motivation to support and nurture customer base.
- Humility. You ask yourself "How can I create and build more value here?" instead of "What's in it for me?”
- Fluency in German (plus English, our company language)
Show me the benefits!
- Relocation to Lisbon, office perks, celebrations, and team lunches/dinners. You’ll be part of a shiny, new Lisbon commercial hub
- Private health insurance
- Full team onboarding and continuous coaching, they’ll equip you with all the tools you need to succeed in the role.
- Flexible benefits package of to spend how you wish!
- Trips abroad for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was in Croatia in September!
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
- 25 days holiday (annual) + public holidays
And here are some other nice gestures that we do…
- Use your Flex Benefits to purchase more holiday days
- Dog friendly office
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from them if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working with our client means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; they think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's our client. Today they are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s the company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join
- We treat all candidates equally
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
- disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
Multilingual Jobs Worldwide
We are a leading multilingual recruitment specialist agency, with businesses from all over the world, connecting talent from Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Spain, and more.
Multilingual Jobs Worldwide is a leading language recruitment agency in Europe, matching the most exciting jobs with multilingual talent. We have offices in Oslo, Tallinn, Malaga, Malta, and Lisbon. We have helped over 3000 people find their dream job with our 300+ partners in over 30 countries.