Do you wish to work for a startup and make a big contribution with your work? Our partner is a German iGaming startup based in Malta. They are looking for an experienced Accountant to join their team before they go live.
The Accountant is a blended role responsible for day to day processing in the accounting software and Payment Service Provider reconciliations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily Payment Service Provider (PSP) reconciliations on a transaction level whilst following up on any discrepancies.
- Check and post PSP charges, refunds, and chargebacks
- Reconcile and monitor PSP settlements
- Initiate funding or withdrawing of PSP balances
- Liaise with PSP and with RFP’s team regarding any discrepancy
- Assign expenses and entries to the correct ledger accounts
- Posting monthly revenue journals
- Month end and year end reconciliations
- Identify issues with and improve internal processes
- Preparation of VAT submissions
- Management of Fixed Asset Register
- Maintain weekly Online Players Liability
- Reconcile and post loan contractual obligations
- Support financial reporting and analysis
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- A minimum of 1 year within an iGaming environment with PSP experience
- Willingness to accept responsibility
- Flexibility and teamwork skills
- Independent, accurate thinking
- High capacity to learn at a rapid pace
- Well versed with Microsoft Office
- Previous experience using Xero Accounting would be an asset
- Possess a positive can-do attitude with excellent attention to detail
- German skills are a plus
Working in Malta
Malta is becoming more and more popular as a destination to work on. The sun shines 300 days a year and is perfect for those sun worshipers. There are many opportunities to start your career and build a strong resume while enjoying the good life with sun, sea and late evenings on rooftop terraces. Finding accommodation in Malta is easy and there is plenty to choose from. Malta has undergone a major development in recent years, which has resulted in many new homes being built. It is an extremely safe country to live in. English is the official language which makes it easy to understand everything. Malta is a small island and has good public transport. As long as you are employed, you can visit hospitals without having to pay.
About Multilingual Jobs Worldwide
Multilingual Jobs Worldwide is a leading multilingual recruitment specialist agency matching European-speaking talent with the most exciting jobs all over the world. Over the past 2 years we have recruited and helped over 1200 multilingual speakers to land their dream job with our partners in over 28 different countries.