- Posted 29 October 2023
- Discipline iGaming
- Contact NameCharlotte Kamlin
COMPLIANCE AND REGULATORY EXECUTIVE
The Compliance and Regulatory Executive will be responsible for assisting in on-going monitoring and oversight of the company ensuring that Group policies are appropriately maintained and implemented accordingly.
- Identifying, measuring and managing risks that the company faces & advising on them accordingly
- Develop, implement and enforce all relevant policies, procedures and processes relating to all areas of regulatory compliance including advertising, social responsibility, data protection and anti-money laundering to protect company from those risks
- Ensuring that the company is conducting its business in full compliance with internal policies and standards, as well as with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to its industry, and monitor and report on effectiveness of controls
- Management of existing policies: keeping these reviewed and updated once each year together with the respective policy owners.
- Investigate and resolve any compliance issues in day-to-day business and advise the company on such rules and controls
- Keeping up-to-date on relevant regulatory developments (including Responsible Gaming/Player Protection, AML and GDPR) as well as evolving best practices.
- Distributing regular regulatory and legislative updates & alerts to Senior Management, and where applicable, staff
- Being the company’s legal contact and assisting in contractual reviews, negotiations, and drafting as well as the amending of existing agreements including novation's and addenda.
- Ensuring that regulatory returns are always submitted in a timely manner whilst liaising with the relevant departments in order to ensure efficiency.
- Maintaining a compliance schedule/register ensuring priority of compliance projects and ensuring regulatory returns are submitted in a timely manner. Leading with the development, monitoring and implementation of the Annual Compliance Plan
- Advise our fraud, payments and support teamleaders in relation to escalated cases and complaints.
- Being the point of contact for the Regulatory Authorities in the territories in which we hold a Licence.
- Assisting with any specific projects from time to time as the business may require; and
- Lead but work as a team with other legal and compliance members of the team; and
- Any other ad-hoc duties that may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Finance, Banking, Compliance, or related discipline will be preferred;
- Experience in a similar role and good knowledge of gaming law and regulations is a must, especially relating to the MGA and Swedish gaming licences and regulations. Experience in corporate and commercial law, and data protection law is ideal.
- Ability to work independently and cooperate with different teams.
- Excellent analytical skills with the capacity of identifying all risks and proactively choosing the best solutions.
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Detailed-oriented, proactive, self-motivated and self-driven;
- Excellent team player, with strong integrity and professional ethics;
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Excellent command of the English language