Part-time MLRO to fast-growing iGaming client in Malta!
- Posted 20 Jeudi avril
- Contact NameGregory Sims
The purpose of the role is responsible for managing the company’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) control framework, and Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) regulations, in line with all applicable laws and regulations whilst working collaboratively with all departments to coordinate the company’s AML/CFT and compliance efforts. The MLRO is to keep abreast with current national and international developments in AML, including legal changes and advice/warnings issued by relevant authorities.
• Overseeing, monitoring, maintaining and updating of all aspects of the Employer’s AML/CFT strategy and activities;
• Developing, setting up, maintaining and reviewing of internal procedures and clear reporting lines for dealing with AML-related manners, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations;
• Ensure the immediate investigation of all internal suspicious activity reports received;
• Reporting the knowledge or suspicion of ML/FT to the relevant supervisory authorities in a timely and accurate manner;
• Ensuring that mandatory reporting and further requirements from the field of AML/CFT are fulfilled duly within the Employer’s business operations;
• Being the main point of contact for the relevant AML supervisory authorities;
• Maintain records and file internal and external reports;
• Coordinate the company’s internal compliance procedures, reports and documentation, relative to changing legal and business requirements;
• Provide clear guidance on spotting and reporting suspicious activity;
• Identifying and reporting any risk and compliance issues to the Board of Directors on a regular basis and provide solutions on how to manage those risks;
• Conducting and maintaining comprehensive business risk assessment (BRA) for the company across its various activities and conduct a de-risking activity based on the findings of the BRA;
• Responsible for the Company’s internal and external reporting obligations relating to AML/CFT activities;
• Supporting the implementation of ad hoc training needs in response to system or process changes.
• Proven MLRO/Compliance Officer experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• Extensive knowledge of international AML/CFT and PEP regulations and best practices
• Experience with liaising with regulatory authorities
• Ability to apply knowledge to practical solutions and be pragmatic in making recommendations to cater for both the regulatory requirements and the needs of the business
• The MLRO must be registered with the FIAU and an approved Key AML Function by the MGA
• Strong organizational and analytical skills combined with innovative thinking
• High level of fluently spoken and written English
Nordic Jobs Worldwide
Nordic Jobs Worldwide is a professional Nordic recruitment company focused on connecting candidates from Sweden, Finland, Norway, and Denmark with businesses from all over the world.
Nordic Jobs Worldwide is the largest language recruitment agency in the Nordic region, with offices in Oslo, Tallinn, Malaga, Malta, and Lisbon. We match the most exciting jobs with Nordic talent worldwide. We have helped over 3000 people find their dream job with our 300+ partners in over 30 countries.