As a Legal Counsel you will be working closely with the Director of Legal to manage and mitigate legal risk to the business, provide legal advice to a wide range of stakeholder and to manage any disputes.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of commercial matters such as:
- Taking the lead in negotiating contract and advising on a wide variety of commercial contracts including game supplier agreements, payment service provider agreements, NDAs and marketing agreements.
- Working with the business to provide relevant and accurate legal advice on a range of commercial areas, marketing, privacy and data protection.
- Assisting with local compliance and regulatory issues.
- Collaborating with external legal counsel on jurisdiction-specific matters, including litigation, enforcement and license applications.
- Researching and evaluating different risk to the business and its operations.
- Contributing to training the team and other stakeholders and to build up legal know-how within the business.
- Supporting on M&A activities in collaboration with the management team.
Who are you:
- Qualified lawyer in a relevant jurisdiction.
- Experience in iGaming and/or M&A
- A proactive self-starter who can manage their own workload and timetable and efficiently handle competing priorities.
- The ability and willingness to be involved and take the lead in different projects.
- Excellent analytical skills and the capability to identify legal risks and provide risk analysis on different and novel areas.
- A strong team player and leader with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholder, and to work for the success of the wider business
- Ability to adopt a commercial approach and to understand the operations of the business.
- An effective communicator with a good command of English.
- Proven experience in drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial contracts.
- Minimum 3+ years’ PQE with training from a reputable law firm or in-house team.
- HQ in Sliema, Malta with fantastic sea views, shower facilities and open plan working space
- Hybrid Model
- Mental Well-Being Program
- Friday social gatherings at the terrace
- Team and Company events
- Refer a Friend Bonus
- Combination of Private Health Insurance, Dental Insurance and vouchers
- Discounted gym membership