French-speaking Accounts Receivable Senior Accountant to Portugal
- Posted 08 Lundi mai
- Contact NameRaphaël Barbosa
Our client is one of the biggest aerospace manufacturers in the world offering a wide variety of competitive benefits and development opportunities. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity as French-speaking Senior Accounts Receivable Accountant in Lisbon, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now!
Our client is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. They offer the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. The company is also a European leader in providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, our client provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Their employees work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in their work, they draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. The diversity and teamwork culture propel them to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space. Their purpose defines why they exist: ‘We pioneer sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world’.
Responsibilities - Your mission
- Performs the administrative tasks of the respective process.
- Contributes to the Financial Statements elaboration.
- Ensures compliance with the legal regulations, the accounting rules and the internal controls, following the standards and procedures defined by the Group experts and process managers.
- Applies financial processes and tools, involving financial flows and transactions according to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Applies specific finance and transactional knowledge in Accounts Receivable process.
- Defines the accounting structure and principles for general accounting and other financial and administrative transactions related to Accounts Receivable process and supports the harmonization between the different legal entities of the scope.
- Proposes continuous improvement actions on Accounts Receivable process and systems.
Detailed tasks -
● Allocate the Incoming payments to the invoices manually or through electronic tools.
At a second stage following Shared Services Center growth:
- Creation and modification of customer master data.
- Customer contract analysis and register them in SAP, including data creation and modification.
- Issue commercial delivery invoices, credit notes and advanced payments invoices according to legal, accounting and tax rules.
- Send the invoices to the customer, including additional documentation for the payment by post mail, email or electronic transmission when it is applicable.
- Get and verify external documentation like Airway Bill, Bill of Lading, Transfer of Title, Customer´s certificates, and others.
- Analyze and prepare the debtor’s statement of account.
- Send to the customer reconciliation debt letters monthly.
- Collaborate with business in the customer dunning process attending different debt committees and supplying debts reports.
- Customer bad debt analysis (including documentation), post bad debt provision when appropriate. Customers Write-off postings
- Analysis of Balance Sheet related accounts (Receivables, advanced payments)
- Prepare ageing report and sending it to the Business.
- Support to the different audit process
- KPIs elaboration
- Application of internal controls in the transactions’ postings
- Other Reports
Requirements - our ideal candidate will have:
- Finance / Accounting / Business Admin/ Economics degree
- Finance / Accounting background with 2-3 years of experience in Accounting processes (in AR or Bank Accounting being a plus)
- Experience of Shared Services Center for large international Group including permanent remote contact in English
- Deep knowledge of technical accounting topics in the respective field and capacity to propose, implement corrective actions
- Capability to manage customers’ expectations and process efficiency
- Accounting transactions and closing - Advanced Level
- Internal Financial Control Standards - Advanced Level
- Accounting Systems (SAP) - Advanced Level
- Lean principles for process continuous improvement
- Capacity to understand customer mindset and to translate in concrete actions
- IFRS and accounting processes - Autonomous Level
- Capacity to interact and influence with various customers from different locations (US/Europe)
- Good understanding of internal controls principles
- French & English - Advanced Level.
Nice to have Benefits - what’s in it for you:
- Diverse career opportunities within our client´s European core countries or in other regions around the world.
- A hybrid working model, allowing you to combine onsite and offsite work.
- A modern office at Parque das Nacoes, well connected to public transportation.
- A motivated and fun crew to grow and build and shape the GBS together.
- An intense and exciting onboarding experience
About Multilingual Jobs Worldwide
We are a leading multilingual recruitment specialist agency, with businesses from all over the world, connecting talent from Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Spain, and more.
Multilingual Jobs Worldwide is a leading language recruitment agency in Europe, matching the most exciting jobs with multilingual talent. We have offices in Oslo, Tallinn, Malaga, Malta, and Lisbon. We have helped over 3000 people find their dream job with our 300+ partners in over 30 countries.