Technical Support Specialist – German Market
In recent times, companies such as Uber, Airbnb, Zoopla, and Just Eat have disrupted the lifestyle industry to become multi $billion businesses. Our client is on a mission to shake up the independent accommodation sector by offering a cloud-based platform to “anyone with rooms to sell, and a story to tell”.
Its flagship product aims to provide hoteliers and hosts with a convenient all-in-one solution that makes it really easy for them to manage online bookings, guests and travel agencies. Today, the clients customer base consists of 20,000 small independent B&Bs, Guesthouses, Vacation Rental Owners and Hotels.
Born out of a joint project with the UK Government over ten years ago, where the client ran the UK’s National Tourism Database, the company has reinvented itself since its acquisition by Private Equity Group Investcorp, mid 2011. Having radically changed its business model, it is now a vibrant young company, with offices in the UK, France, Germany, Tunisia, Austin TX and more recently in Malaga, Spain.
The company has regularly made the Times top 100 Tech Track index and its flagship product has won many prestigious awards since 2016, including the sought after Travolution award for best technology and Expedia’s global innovation award. It is also enjoys strategic preferred partnerships with the Airbnb, Booking.com and Expedia groups.
This is an important position focused on customer success. It would suit someone with strong technical know-how and we would value experience from within the travel, software or e-commerce industries.
This is a fast paced environment and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure is essential.
- Provide multi-channel support and advice in German using phone, live chat or web portal methods equally comfortably.
- Assist customers in understanding how best to use technology, and resolve any technical problems they may be experiencing with the software.
- In addition to technical and usage issues, learn how to handle general business enquiries, usually related to guest reservations, and interact with major travel agencies like Booking.com, Expedia, Laterooms etc.
- Set up screen share sessions in order to troubleshoot more complex issues including issues related to Windows, anti-virus and/or firewall settings for example.
- Meet and exceed customer service KPIs consistently.
- Identify issue trends and report these and make improvement suggestions to the management team.
- BA/BSc degree in Computer Science, Linguistics, Classics, Travel & Tourism or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in a technical support, software support
- Native level of German: verbal and written. Fluent spoken and written English for internal use only.
- Excellent communication skills, clear speaking voice and excellent grammar.
- Polite, professional, calm under pressure and self-motivated to meet targets
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proficient with office programmes (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet Explorer and Outlook)
- You’re eligible to work in Germany.
The Company Offers
- Permanent contract, full time.
- 25 holidays per year
- Remote working from Germany. Possibility to also work from the office which is located in Düsseldorf
- Combine success and fun within a great diverse company culture together with smart, driven people